Education Consulting Specializing in Exceptional Learners.
Specially Designed Education Consulting Specializes in consulting and advocacy in the following areas:
- Specific Learning Disabilities- Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, and Dysgraphia.
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Sensory Processing
- Emotional Disturbance
- Speech and Language Impairments
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Accessibility to the school curriculum and environment- Accommodations and Modifications.
- Assistive Technology
- Universal Design for Learning
- Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Plans
- Special Education Assessments
- Collaborative Laws and Processes of Special Education- Includes Individualized Education Plans (IEP) and 504 Plans.
- Data- Collection, Interpretation, and Implementation
Proud Member of The Following Organizations:
- Council For Exceptional Children (CEC)
- Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates (COPAA): https://connect.copaa.org/network/members/profile?UserKey=b6013977-4ba2-4c6f-930e-3a3f68db18bd
Specially Designed Education Consulting Goals:
The owner has three basic principles and beliefs that are key to meeting the needs of children in the school setting:
- Person Centered Approach that meets children where they are at through supports and services while fostering inclusion.
- Fostering a proactive approach in helping parents and schools communicate with one another effectively while focusing on the needs of the child.
- Data driven decision making with measurable and concrete results.
Consultant/Owner- Ashley D. Holbert Swestyn, M.S. Ed